07.07.08

Girls with Short Hair, Guys with Long Hair

Posted in Other at 1:04 pm by bsdman

You know what grinds my gears? It’s the fact that more and more people don’t cut their hair correctly. We have guys not cutting their hair and we have girls cutting their hair too much.

Guys first since I’m a guy. If you have long hair:
1.) You look fruity. You can read that as “gay” or “queer”.
2.) You look emo. Emo Haircut
3.) You look like Fabio. Fabio Hair
4.) You’re a rockstar. Unless you’re in a successful band (i.e. you can make a living off of your work), you don’t need or look good with long hair

You’re a girl with short hair:
1.) You have cancer/chemo therapy issues. My condolences – no one should ever have to go through that pain.
2.) You look emo: Emo Haircut (I can’t tell if it’s a girl or a boy in the picture, only by the description…)
3.) You’re a dyke: Dyke hair

The kid that annoys me the most is the one from the movie Liar Liar. He needs a haircut. Needs. Desperately. Another annoyance has to do with people wandering around stores – I see guys that look like girls (if you can’t grow facial hair and have long hair you will always look like a girl) and girls that look like guys (if you don’t have chesticles, no facial hair, and have short hair you will always look like a boy).

And that’s what grinds my gears.

23 Comments »

1. erika said,

November 14, 2010 at 2:53 pm

you, sir, are a total asshole for making such overgeneralizations about everyone and using language that is very offensive to a lot of people. if you actually expect someone to listen to you at all, then you should actually consider that the people you are insulting are, in fact, people too and they are not cutting their hair in an unconventional fashion just because they know it annoys you.

2. short haired girl said,

November 14, 2010 at 2:54 pm

to be honest i have short hair and ive probably had more men than you could ever hope say that i am beautiful. i feel bad that you are so alone and have to insult others. people are allowed to do what they want and everyone is beautiful.

3. bsdman said,

November 15, 2010 at 9:16 am

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your recent comments on my Blog at http://what-grinds-my-gears.com in response to a posting back in July of 2008.

You can rest assured that our QA department will investigate your allegations to the utmost of their abilities. Damn, I had to fire the QA department because they wouldn’t cut their hair properly.

I find it rather funny that you took the time to write up not just one, but TWO comments regarding haircuts on a post over two years old. Apparently those who speak or write what is on their minds are “assholes”.
    So who else would you consider an asshole? Do you consider Obama an asshole? How about Martin Luther King Jr? Is he an asshole for speaking his mind? Rosa Parks? Asshole?
    If we’re all assholes for utilizing our First Amendment Right, then you, ma’am, are a bigot and a racist.

Your second comment left me a little aghast – how to respond to the fact that you just called yourself ugly? You know who says “winning isn’t everything”? It’s the people that are losing. Who says “everyone is beautiful in their own way”? Ugly people.

Oh, here’s a little life advice from a guy: Guys are pigs. We will do almost anything for sex. It’s all about math – calling a female ugly to get in her pants will work less than 1% of the time. But call a female beautiful and the odds improve drastically.

So, to conclude this matter, you’re now an ugly bigot. Congratulations. Enjoy Virginia.

4. Bob said,

November 18, 2010 at 1:20 pm

bsdman:

Well done. Both your initial comments and rebuttal amused the hell out of me… and I’m a guy with long hair.

5. robbin said,

December 1, 2010 at 10:32 am

actuallyy that ’emo girl hair cut’ is a guy cus i know him hahahahahah

6. Alexandria said,

December 9, 2010 at 2:41 pm

Uh, first off, I think that ’emo’ cut is really cute. Second, I’m a ‘dyke’, if you must use that word. My hair is to the small of my back. And I know a girl who is straight as hell, who isn’t emo, and who is cancer free who has really short hair. REALLY short. As in buzz cut. She likes it for the summer. Says she get’s too hot. So, anyways, the point of this is: Stop going by stereotypes and expecting people to be something because of what they look like! People who do that are annoying bigots! And those are the people that ‘grind my gears’.

P.S. Guys with long hair are a hit with the girls. Maybe you should take that into consideration. It might help you find a way to loosen up. Though, with that attitude, you’re going to need a lot more than just long hair.

7. William Butterworth said,

December 20, 2010 at 3:57 am

Thats exactly why I cut my hair in the most unconventional way possible. To piss off dickheads like you.

8. Andrea said,

December 28, 2010 at 1:02 pm

Umm that ’emo girl hair cut’ is my bf bitch

9. Rae said,

January 2, 2011 at 7:14 pm

Why does it bother you so much how people cut, or don’t cut, their hair? I used to have hair down to my butt. A few days before my 7th grade year I cut it up to my ears. And I never regretted it. You know why? Because I don’t have headaches from the weight of my hair.
    Then I cut it all off (I’m talking pixie cut) a few years ago because I was leaving for Basic Training. Do you know how difficult it is for a girl to have long hair in the middle of summer in San Antonio? No way was I going to deal with it.
    Here I am with (almost) breast length hair, and I’m going to be chopping it all off again in a few months. Would you like to know why? I’m donating it so it can be made into a wig for cancer patients.
    You have the right to speak your mind. We all do, which is why we’re posting these things. But your ignorance is astounding. I will admit that some men really should have shorter hair but I personally like longer hair on a guy (think Gerard Butler in “Timeline” or Heath Ledger in “A Knights Tale”).
    Try not to generalize and maybe it wont “Grind your Gears” so badly.

10. taylor said,

March 22, 2011 at 5:13 pm

im a girl, i have short hair. some people can have long hair or short hair, its their choice. not yours to tell them, what they should do with their hair or them selves. it doesn’t mean they are gay, or emo, it means they are them, and they can express themselves how they want.

11. yeah said,

March 27, 2011 at 12:33 am

Jajajajaja, I find this really amuses me. I apologize if I offend anyone but I love hair styles as much as maybe the next person. True that the opposite gender may choose the other hair cut over their stereotypical hair style maybe finds themselves being judged by it, but dude, if it looks good on them. IT LOOKS GOOD ON THEM. ^_0

12. Anna said,

June 15, 2011 at 12:22 am

if this “grinds your gears” then you must have anger problems

13. Summer Goth said,

June 24, 2011 at 8:47 pm

SERIOUSLY? Wow, you must really be desperate for attention. I bet those girls and guys with long and short hair get more girls than you ever will. I bet you’re some a**wipe on a lacrosse or football team at your school who is jealous of all the emos and goths, because you’re too lame to have a life. And P.S. Those people in the pictures are more famous than you ever will be, so GTFO.

14. L'homme Nikita said,

July 13, 2011 at 3:06 pm

I’m going to wear my long male hair with extra pleasure from now on knowing it’s making you so mad, bro.

15. chris smith said,

August 30, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Emos are awesome get in your head bitch or who ever the hell you are i don’t really give a shit any cuase you called me gay and stupid you whore

16. Emooo girl said,

September 3, 2011 at 5:58 am

I love Emo

17. Emooo girl. Gggggothhh said,

September 3, 2011 at 6:01 am

Heeeello Emo-kidzzzzzzzzuu I love you

18. Someone. said,

September 8, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Just because guys have long hair doesn’t mean they are gay, a lot of girls find them extremely attractive. (Including me.)
    And also, I’m a girl with very short hair because its cooler during the summer, stop insulting people and get a life. Guess you’d be the gay one for making a stupid blog insulting people.

19. Kelsey said,

September 23, 2011 at 11:09 am

What the fuck is wrong with you?

20. Army Girl said,

November 6, 2011 at 12:43 pm

It all makes since to me now. So because you discriminate and judge people based on looks you have been compared to Martin Luther King. Wow! *high-five* So I have a question Does that make Jesus a “queer”?
    Oh and FYI I’m a “Dyke” with long hair 😉 Though after wasting 1 minute of my life reading your pathetic post you have inspired me to cut it so thanks 🙂

21. smileywillsmile:3 said,

October 8, 2012 at 10:53 pm

I like the emo hair its CUTE C: I want it now because is cute and to piss you off =^w^= just being honest DONT JUDGE its not nice so yea >:^|

22. smileywillsmile:3 said,

October 8, 2012 at 10:56 pm

ps. I kinda think you saw this coming sooo BE NICE! :3 PLEASE…

23. Truth said,

February 13, 2013 at 7:31 am

Perhaps he is just jealous because he is too ashamed to dare to style his hair so coolly, in case he can’t pull it off… :\